- Lasers seal the blood vessels and they offer a dry operating field and excellent visibility.
- In addition seal the lymphatic vessels which yield minimum postoperative swelling.
- With the use of lasers pain is reduced to absent in 90%.
- A laser offers the ability to negotiate curves and folds in the oral cavity.
- They cause less chance for mechanical trauma, minimal scaring and sutures are rarely needed.
- They cause reduction in the bacterial count and in some areas may sterilize the field as well.
- Increased patient acceptance due to minimum postoperative discomfort.